juddi-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthew J. Dovey" <matthew.do...@oucs.ox.ac.uk>
Subject RE: UDDI spec question
Date Mon, 28 Mar 2005 18:18:40 GMT
At present it is regarded to be the responsibility of the WebService
container to both register WebServices when they are published and also
deregister them when they are "unpublished".

However, one of the things which has been discussed within the context
of the next version of UDDI is some kind of lifetime mechanism to try at
clean up "dead" entries in the registry. It isn't clear that this is a
spec change per se. For instance you could define a new tModel category
which held an obsolete time/date value, ensured that your WebServices
updated the resitry to keep this category value up to date, and then ran
a cron job (or equivalent) to clean the registry.

Matthew Dovey
Oxford University