juddi-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Sauthier <Guillaume.Sauth...@objectweb.org>
Subject Scout and jUDDI
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2005 15:51:30 GMT
Hi guys

We want to integrate Scout in JOnAS as a replacement for the JAXR
Reference Implementation.
With Scout we can get ride of JAXB-RI too (used by JAXR-RI) and use OSS :)

Scout has been very easily embed in JOnAS as a ResourceAdapter and seems
to work very well, thanks to your hard work: )

We can see that Scout depends on jUDDI, and jUDDI depends on many
jakarta commons libs.

Given the JOnAS ClassLoader architecture, the Scout RA (and all
depending libs : scout, juddi, common-*, ...) will be loaded in a
'commons' ClassLoader, this is a top level Loader.

So, if a user package his/her application/webapp with a lib already
provided by JOnAS (version can differ) there can be a conflict!

More, if a user want to change the jUDDI (webapp) version, he can't do
that (classes in top level loader are always loaded first) !

As we want to interfere a minimum with the classes packaged in our
user's application, in order to avoid conflicts, we want to remove the
dependency on jUDDI.

To do this, we will have to rewrite some kind of RegistryProxy, avoid
the use of jUDDI's handlers and datatypes, ...
We thought to use xmlbeans as a replacement for UDDI datatypes

I want to know what do you think of this proposal ?
I think it can be useful for geronimo guys too (and for the same
classloader reasons).

Regards
Guillaume