juddi-dev mailing list archives

From Fernando Nasser <fnas...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Commit Privileges for Deepak (Re: Patch to remove jUDDI dependency from scout + patch to add ebxml support to scout)
Date Sat, 22 Oct 2005 15:27:43 GMT
Hi Geir,

Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> 1) How can you remove the jUDDI dependency from Scout?

It is removing dependencies from jUDDI types only, and using XMLBeans
instead.  Just to make the JAXR part of the code easier to integrate in
AppServers without having to load all jUDDI classes and dependencies.

Of course, Scout still implements JAXR and has a UDDI provider that
allows access to jUDDI registries, and any other UDDI-compliant registry.

Now it can also access ebXML registries (so it is now level 1).

> 2) Why was that discussed on the *juddi* list, and not scout?

It should have been cross-posted.  It is my fault: 2 years ago when I
first tried to get involved in Scout there was no list specific to Scout
yet and I was told to use the juddi list.  I mislead Deepak to post in
that list.  Fortunately it seems that many (most? all?) of the Scout
developers are also in the jUDDI list.

Regards to all.

Fernando