juddi-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Viens" <svi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: juddi console
Date Thu, 18 May 2006 15:04:42 GMT
Arnaud,

There are no plans currently to implement a jUDDI administration console.
The console currently published with jUDDI was built to assist in testing
UDDI reuqests.  The hope was that at some point someone like yourself would
come along and contribute a decent UI  - either an admin UI, a user UI or
both.

:)

So, we're very interested in what you have.

Steve

On 3/15/06, Arnaud Pons <arnaud.pons@bull.net> wrote:

>  When we talk about jUDDI proprietary api, it's for manage publisher;
> create, modify or delete these publisher. For now in UDDIBrowser, we can't
> do that.
>
> UDDIBrowser implement all the UDDI api, but, correct me if i'm wrong, the
> UDDI specification does not explicitly specify creation of publisher. So a
> generic UDDI console, like UDDIBrowser, is ok for a jUDDI user (consumer and
> publisher), in that case i'm agree with you, but for an administration of
> the registry this is not enough.
> It's for this purpose, that we think a custom jUDDI console could be
> interesting.
>
> I hope that this mail will make the things clearer for what we think by
> jUDDI proprietary api.
>
> Lastly, according to your answer, we can suppose that no new  jUDDI
> console has been envisaged? We understand that developed a new console is
> probably not in the project priority tasks, but it will be silly for us to
> start to customize jUDDI console if you have planed to release another in
> the next months.
>
> Tanks for your answer
>
> Cordialy,
>
> Arnaud.
>

> Anil Saldhana wrote:
>
> How does UDDIBrowser display the info in juddi when you say that juddi has
> a proprietory api?  The answer is make regular web service calls (soap
> message flowing back n forth).  IMHO, having a custom juddi console is not
> worth the effort.
>
> Having a generic uddi console is the right way to go.
>
> *Albertin Loic <loic.albertin@bull.net> <loic.albertin@bull.net>* wrote:
>
> hi,
>
> we have already thought about UDDI Browser and Eclipse WTP, but all
> fonctions in jUDDI proprietary API are not defined in UDDI
> specification. So these two solutions does not implement them. For us,
> jUDDI console, and his proprietary API, are ok for all management
> purpose, but we think that the graphical interface is too complex for
> being manipulate by someone who is not familiar with UDDI specification.
> That's why my question, just for understanding a littl! e more, why don't
>
> you propose to improve the jUDDI console to be more accessible instead
> of doing it from scratch or retrofitting another software?
>
> cheers,
> Lo�c.
>
> Anil Saldhana a �crit :
>

> > There are two options:
> >
> > 1) The UDDI browser(http://uddibrowser.org) can be retrofitted to work
> > properly with juddi. I have heard that Eclipse WTP ships a version of
> > uddibrowser that works with juddi. UDDI Browser has always worked with
> > juddi, but Steve was mentioning long ago that it has quirks.
> >
> > 2) You can build a browser using JAXR as the standard technology
> > accessing juddi. There is Apache Scout, which has v0.5 released.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Anil
> >
> > */Albertin Loic /* wrote:

> [...]
share photos without annoying attachments.