juddi-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: jUDDI TLP project
Date Fri, 24 Sep 2010 19:44:43 GMT

On Sep 24, 2010, at 6:31 AM, Kurt T Stam wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Now that jUDDI and Scout are promoted to form one TLP project call jUDDI. Using https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-1477
as a template I have created the following jira:

> for the stuff we can do ourselves I created:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-416
>

> So please review and please add to where things are missing. Also I'm wondering if Scout
should keep it own project in JIRA. I tend to think yes, as Scout will remain having its own
lifecycle independent of the jUDDI code.

I don't have a strong opinion on separate jira projects.  I think it would be fine to have
separate jira components in a JUDDI jira project for juddi and scout and manage versions separately,
this structure works fine for a lot of projects.  But it would be kind of a pain to migrate
the existing scout jira issues to new numbers under JUDDI

> Should scout-dev remain its own mailing list and website?

I think that would be too much considering the very low traffic we get.  We might even want
to have only one juddi mailing list until we get enough traffic to warrant separate dev and
users lists.  There's been some discussion recently on incubator and the consensus seems to
be that having only one list is a good idea for new projects to try to involve everyone who
shows the slightest interest :-)  Since lack of too many active participants is one of our
problems here, if we are setting up new lists maybe we should start with one.

thanks
david jencks