juddi-dev mailing list archives

From Kurt T Stam <kurt.s...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to pick up the v3 implmentation of scout ?
Date Thu, 12 May 2011 13:59:20 GMT
Hi Shawn,

Scout is a JAXR library to talk to a an XML registry. jUDDI is an
implementation of such an XML based registry implementing the UDDI spec.
jUDDI 2.x implements the UDDI v2 spec. jUDDI 3.x implements the UDDI v3
spec. Scout comes with its own configuration file: scout.properties. To
have it create UDDIv3 requests use

scout.proxy.uddiVersion=3.0
scout.proxy.uddiNamespace=urn:uddi-org:api_v3

See also:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/juddi/scout/trunk/src/test/resources/scoutv3.properties-example

ad 1. The reason for defaulting it to UDDI v2 is that JAXR 1.0 only
talks about UDDI v2, and there is no new JAXR version to deal with UDDI
v3. Scout support UDDI v3 only where the UDDI v2 and v3 feature set overlap.

ad 2. I think you are confusing the context jUDDI's webservices are
deployed at with your webservices. You would deploy your services under
a different context (not /juddi). You then will have to register them
into jUDDI. You can do that by calling the jUDDI webservice API. Also we
create annotations to do 'auto-registration' on deployment. See:

http://juddi.apache.org/docs/3.0/userguide/html/chap-UDDI_annotations.html

Hope that clears things up.

Cheers,

--Kurt