juddi-dev mailing list archives

From Kurt T Stam <kurt.s...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error importing into Eclipse
Date Sat, 23 Feb 2013 16:37:05 GMT
Hi Alex,

I decided to upgrade myself to the latest:

1. I started with a fresh eclipse Juno:
http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/eclipse-ide-java-ee-developers/junosr1

2. Then I launched eclipse and went to the market place to install:

m2e:

subeclipse:

gwt:

but do not select tools for andriod:

JBoss tools:

I opened the SVN Repository window and added the juddi repo

if you get the following error

then select the pure Java SVNKit

and continue to check out the trunk

When the checkout completes import all modules as projects using Check
out As existing maven projects

Alex I think this is where you saw your errors, and I see these:

I opted to 'resolve later' and was able to continue. When it created my
projects I ended up with errors in some projects. To fix them I needed
to stop validation on dtd and wdsl going into the preferences

Also in some pom I got lifecycle errors which when hovering over the
'<execution>' I could set to exclude in eclipse.

I also had to upgrade the war plugin version to 2.0.1. Which I will
commit to the trunk

3. Now on your file system; go into the juddi-console directory and run

mvn clean install

this will generate some gwt interfaces

when this finishes you may have to Maven > Update project... for the
uddi-portlets project. Make sure the project now looks like

Note the inclusion of target/generated-sources/gwt.

4. Now start tomcat in juddi-tomcat/target/tomcat/apache-tomcat-6.0.26/bin

5. Now you can launch GWT from eclipse

Now in the Google Development window select to attach to the UDDIBrowser
using Chrome.

and log in using root/root and see the UDDI Browser

You can set break points in both client side and server side code. The
server side code of the UDDIBrowser makes calls into the UDDI back end
(running on tomcat). You can start tomcat in debug and attach to the
debug socket to step through that code as well.

Beside being able to debug the UDDIBrowser it is also the perfect
development environment as changes to the code tend to be live
immediately on saving the file (and hitting refresh in the browser).

Well, this ended up much longer then expected! I hope it helps you. Good
luck!

--Kurt