juddi-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex O'Ree" <spyhunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Potential Uddi/juddi enhancements
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2013 14:54:41 GMT
A few years ago, my master's thesis focused on improving UDDI. The
short short version of the thesis proposed the following changes:

- Provide a simpler web service interface that just returns endpoints
- Increase security by deprecating the security service in favor of a
SAML based STS or something similar
- Increase interop/usability by defining a rest style interface and
providing hooks for the ebxml std
- Advertise the location of UDDI services via a multicast

Unfortunately, due to the state of the uddi working group at oasis and
the exuberant costs of membership for participation, I feel like some
my work was in vain.

Thus, I'm writing to the jUDDI group. Is there any interest in perhaps
making some of these things a reality? I'm willing to volunteer some
time to make it happen (as well as make a more user friendly
interface)

Is it even worth it? Are there any stats on juddi deployments?