juddi-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex O'Ree" <spyhunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 3.2.x changes
Date Sat, 18 May 2013 16:42:52 GMT
On May 18, 2013 11:27 AM, "Kurt T Stam" <kurt.stam@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Alex,
>
> I'm going over the merge and have a few questions:
>
> 1. Try to stay away from reformatting files (certainly while on a branch)
- since it will mark the entire file as changed, which causes merge issues,
but it's also hard to see what changed.
This was donner to help me make the file more readable. maybe you should
consider mandating  coding standards, such as spaces per tab

> 2. Why did you add 'Exception' to some method signatures?  for example:
>      throws WSDLException, JAXBException, Exception {
>
> Now the caller is forced to catch Exception? Throwing Exception hides
granularity, and can make it harder to debug, or to catch appropriate
exceptions.

This is for wsdl2uddi and for supporting a Web accessible wsdl via Apache
http client which throws a wide variety of exceptions

> 3. A lot of files got checked in with no changes. Any ideas why that
would happen? Makes it harder to see what really changed.

No idea

> 4. You added 2 convenience constructors in the uddi-ws module on UDDI v3
entities. One should be able to use their own UDDIv3 generated classes. So
in theory this would break that. In practice at the moment we've added our
own juddiAPI classes so we've already broken it, but I think we should try
to remove those classes at some point if possible. Also adding javadoc to
these files is nice, but if we regenerate then that will all be last again,
unless we manually add it back in.

You said adding java doc was ok. With it, there's no value added to using
the uddiws library. As you said, its already broken. Jboss esb requires the
juddi version of uddiws. I've replaced it with my own generated from the
wsdl and it broke. Do ugh its already broken we might as well make it useful

> 5. Why was the change in the TCKSubscription to add the bindingKey into
the method signature and to return a String?

Subscription API validation for callbacks using binding templates

> 6. Why did you change Marshaller.JAXB_FORMATTED_OUTPUT from TRUE to
Boolean.FALSE?

It was to support Web based signatures but can probably be reverted

> 7. I don't think you meant to check in the Doxyfile in the root?

I did

> 8. Is the MockSSLSockFactory for testing only? Can it move to src/test?

No see the changes to wsdl 2uddi . Its for enabling ignore ssl errors

> 9. I will 'mavenize' the juddi-gui module now. So you will see some files
move around to adhere to maven conventions. Also I will move the version to
3.2.0-SNAPSHOT in the poms.

K see the read me for instructions on building