juddi-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex O'Ree" <spyhunte...@gmail.com>
Subject TCK Productization Strategy
Date Sun, 02 Jun 2013 16:57:18 GMT
Relevant Tickets:
JUDDI-314 Create a juddi-client-bundle-3.0.0 with jar, source and
javadocs for juddi-client and uddi-ws
JUDDI-583 Productize the TCK test suite

I'm attempting to formulate a plan to turn the UDDI TCK into both a
testing platform for jUDDI (as it is now) and be able to run the test
suites as a standalone program (without requiring a full checkout).

Currently, all Unit Test cases (/src/test) are within uddi-tck, and
all setup and configure the code is in uddi-tck-base (/src/main)

In order to facilitate this change, I've came up with an idea and was
wondering if anyone else had a better one before I devote time and
effort into it.
1) Use reflection to identify all classes with test cases from
uddi-tck, then use JUnitCore to execute them. In addition, rework the
configuration loading bits to load files from disk instead of from
within the jar file. This requires the test classes (src/test) to be
included in the udid-tck jar file.

2) Refactor all existing test cases to uddi-tck/src/main and rework
the actually uddi-tck/src/test classes to call the code from src/main.
I only think this should be required if for some reason the test
classes can't be included with the tck jar file see (JUDDI-314). Then
use some kind of reflection to find all test cases and execute them.

In either case, it would be nice to have a formatted xml output which
identifies all the tests cases that failed and the relevant output.
Similar to the surefire test reports, but more user friendly.