juddi-dev mailing list archives

From Toufic Arabi <tar...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: JUDDI Portal and EAP 6
Date Wed, 25 Sep 2013 15:53:15 GMT
Kurt,

2) I know that the latest release of juddi is 3.1.5 however there was a previous effort to
get 3.1.3 to work on EAP 6.0.0 and we took the initial effort and built off it to get juddi
3.1.3 working on EAP 6.0.1. With the changes that we made there should be no problem getting
3.1.5 to work on EAP 6.0.1. I will create a dropbox folder (and link you to it) to hold the
built WAR. I will also place a quick README of the changes that we have done which were mainly
removing jars from the juddi was and changes to persistence.xml. I will also add a quick note
to remind you to check out the jboss-deployment-strcuture.xml that we created as well as the
CLI command to create the datasource in EAP. We are using domain mode so you might have to
either use domain mode right of the box or switch to standalone mode and tweak the CLI command.

If you are able to create that profile that will save us the trouble of scripting the swapping
of jars in and out of the WAR's lib folder. Hibernate versioning was the main issue and that
is because of this:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-587

3 & 4) I would rather wait for 3.2 and use the embedded web interface that you all are
building. There are a few reasons to this choice:
a. our client is only purchasing EAP subscriptions
b. even if they end up using juddi it will not be supported by RedHat
c. lack of RedHat support means that I need to make the build, deployment process, and classloading
resolution as easy and silent as possible with minimal additional development, thus reducing
maintainability overhead
d. They can not use Tomcat because it will require additional certification and creditation
to be allowed into production

There is currently no registry service that is certified for EAP 6. Maybe JUDDI will be certified
not just for SOA-P but also for EAP at some point? I think there is a great need for a registry
to work with EAP 6 at this point in time.

Thanks!

Toufic