juddi-dev mailing list archives

From Kurt T Stam <kurt.s...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JUDDI Portal and EAP 6
Date Wed, 25 Sep 2013 15:15:48 GMT
Hi Toufic,

1. You may want to sign up to the dev list if you want to keep receiving

2. Cool that you got this far. You know the latest release is 3.1.5
right? I'd like to see you working war - and see if I can add a profile
to our juddiv3-war module to create this artifact.

3. The portlets are a different war: the uddi-portlets.war (in the
juddi-console module). They can be deployed to a portal server (like
Pluto). The portal-bundle packages tomcat with pluto+uddi-portlets and
juddiv3. So either you ship in on a portal (jboss portal), or pluto, or
you can run pluto in an embedded mode and add a jsp page for each
portlet (the latter was how it was done for soa-p-5).

4. In the next few weeks we will release 3.2 which will have a web based
console and at that time we are thinking to deprecate the portlets.

Just let me know which direction you'd like to go and we can give you
more specific answers.

Cheers,

--Kurt

On 9/25/13 10:17 AM, Toufic Arabi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are trying to build and deploy JUDDI 3.1.3 on EAP 6.0.1
>
> So far we have done the following:
> - built JUDDI from source http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/juddi/tags/juddi-3.1.3
> - created the necessary jboss-deployment-structure.xml, and packaged with war
> - built backend database mysql version 5.1.69 for JUDDI
> - The mysql connector we are using is version 5.1.6
> - reverted to hibernate version 4.14 Final for the JUDDI war
> - made necessary changes to persistence.xml to fit with hibernate version change and
EAP 6 classloading

> We were able to deploy JUDDI 3.1.3 with the configuration we have done above and access
it via

> https://hostname:8443/juddiv3/
>
> However, we would like to get directions on how to build and deploy the JUDDI portal.
The https://hostname:8443/pluto/portal/jUDDI URL returns a 404 which is because the portal/pluto
was not included in the juddi.war artifact we built and deployed.