juddi-dev mailing list archives

From Kurt T Stam <kurt.s...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JUDDI Portal and EAP 6
Date Wed, 25 Sep 2013 17:48:24 GMT

On 9/25/13 11:53 AM, Toufic Arabi wrote:
> Kurt,

> 2) I know that the latest release of juddi is 3.1.5 however there was a previous effort
to get 3.1.3 to work on EAP 6.0.0 and we took the initial effort and built off it to get juddi
3.1.3 working on EAP 6.0.1. With the changes that we made there should be no problem getting
3.1.5 to work on EAP 6.0.1. I will create a dropbox folder (and link you to it) to hold the
built WAR. I will also place a quick README of the changes that we have done which were mainly
removing jars from the juddi was and changes to persistence.xml. I will also add a quick note
to remind you to check out the jboss-deployment-strcuture.xml that we created as well as the
CLI command to create the datasource in EAP. We are using domain mode so you might have to
either use domain mode right of the box or switch to standalone mode and tweak the CLI command.
great :)

> If you are able to create that profile that will save us the trouble of scripting the
swapping of jars in and out of the WAR's lib folder. Hibernate versioning was the main issue
and that is because of this:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-587
how did you end up working around this? Hibernate still didn't fix it
did they?

> 3 & 4) I would rather wait for 3.2 and use the embedded web interface that you all
are building. There are a few reasons to this choice:
> a. our client is only purchasing EAP subscriptions
> b. even if they end up using juddi it will not be supported by RedHat
> c. lack of RedHat support means that I need to make the build, deployment process, and
classloading resolution as easy and silent as possible with minimal additional development,
thus reducing maintainability overhead
> d. They can not use Tomcat because it will require additional certification and creditation
to be allowed into production

> There is currently no registry service that is certified for EAP 6. Maybe JUDDI will
be certified not just for SOA-P but also for EAP at some point? I think there is a great need
for a registry to work with EAP 6 at this point in time.
Yeah I'm also working on integration with S-RAMP, I see a
Registry&Repository as a potential product.

Anyway I'll keep you posted on the 3.2 release.

Cheers,

--Kurt

> Thanks!
>
> Toufic

The https://hostname:8443/pluto/portal/jUDDI URL returns a 404 which is because the portal/pluto
was not included in the juddi.war artifact we built and deployed.