juddi-dev mailing list archives

From Kurt T Stam <kurt.s...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JUDDI Portal and EAP 6
Date Wed, 25 Sep 2013 21:06:24 GMT
The linked worked. Thanks :)

So this version of Hibernate is now shipped with EAP? Maybe you should
open a BZ for it as well as upvote the issue in the hibernate project.

On 9/25/13 2:41 PM, Toufic Arabi wrote:
> Kurt,
>
> First let me say that I realized that you were the assignee on this https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-587
after I sent the e-mail. Small world!

> Hibernate still hasn't fixed the issue since the last time I checked. However Hibernate
4.14 does not have that problem. So I swapped 4.16 in jboss for 4.14 using a lot of classloading

> I uploaded a juddi folder to my public dropbox folder, please let me know if you can
access it :)

> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/27uc13nhvcl3v7r/mkHa49RP6h
>
> This has a few things:
> 1) the juddi 3.1.3 war
> 2) datasource.cli -> cli commands for DS creation for domain and standalone
> 3) juddi.sql -> the sql provided by juddi to build the DB
> 4) README --> the core of it all, discusses step by step on how to use hibernate 4.14
and get around 4.16 using classloading, jar swapping and a inserting a few properties in persistence.xml
(its in the war)

> <properties>
>        <property name="hibernate.archive.autodetection" value="class"/>
>        <property name="hibernate.hbm2ddl.auto" value="update"/>
>        <property name="hibernate.show_sql" value="true"/>
>        <property name="jboss.as.jpa.managed" value="false" />
>        <property name="hibernate.dialect" value="org.hibernate.dialect.MySQL5InnoDBDialect"/>
>
> </properties>
>
> That did it :)
>
> Thanks!
>
> Toufic

effort to get 3.1.3 to work on EAP 6.0.0 and we took the initial effort and built off it to
get juddi 3.1.3 working on EAP 6.0.1. With the changes that we made there should be no problem
getting 3.1.5 to work on EAP 6.0.1. I will create a dropbox folder (and link you to it) to
hold the built WAR. I will also place a quick README of the changes that we have done which
were mainly removing jars from the juddi was and changes to persistence.xml. I will also add
a quick note to remind you to check out the jboss-deployment-strcuture.xml that we created
as well as the CLI command to create the datasource in EAP. We are using domain mode so you
might have to either use domain mode right of the box or switch to standalone mode and tweak
the CLI command.
> great :)
>> If you are able to create that profile that will save us the trouble of scripting
the swapping of jars in and out of the WAR's lib folder. Hibernate versioning was the main
issue and that is because of this:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-587
> how did you end up working around this? Hibernate still didn't fix it
> did they?
>> 3 & 4) I would rather wait for 3.2 and use the embedded web interface that you
all are building. There are a few reasons to this choice:
>> a. our client is only purchasing EAP subscriptions
>> b. even if they end up using juddi it will not be supported by RedHat
>> c. lack of RedHat support means that I need to make the build, deployment process,
and classloading resolution as easy and silent as possible with minimal additional development,
thus reducing maintainability overhead
>> d. They can not use Tomcat because it will require additional certification and creditation
to be allowed into production

>> There is currently no registry service that is certified for EAP 6. Maybe JUDDI will
be certified not just for SOA-P but also for EAP at some point? I think there is a great need
for a registry to work with EAP 6 at this point in time.
> Yeah I'm also working on integration with S-RAMP, I see a
> Registry&Repository as a potential product.
>
> Anyway I'll keep you posted on the 3.2 release.
>
> Cheers,
>
> --Kurt
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Toufic

portal. The https://hostname:8443/pluto/portal/jUDDI URL returns a 404 which is because the
portal/pluto was not included in the juddi.war artifact we built and deployed.