juddi-dev mailing list archives

From Toufic Arabi <tar...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: JUDDI Portal and EAP 6
Date Wed, 25 Sep 2013 21:51:53 GMT
That is great to hear and will be attempting to deploy on EAP 6.0.1. Will check out the video.
Thanks!

Toufic Arabi
Consultant, Red Hat
8260 Greensboro Dr
McLean, VA

On Sep 25, 2013, at 5:50 PM, "Alex O'Ree" <spyhunter99@gmail.com> wrote:

> Easy to use end user interface for all uddi functions. There's a demo video on the blog
>
> On Sep 25, 2013 5:46 PM, "Toufic Arabi" <tarabi@redhat.com> wrote:
>> If this is to be deployed in EAP 6.0.1 the portal is not working for juddi 3.1.3.
I am interested in knowing what functionality will juddi 3.2 allow in its new console if you
could shed some light. I have not looked for a release notes document yet.

>> Thanks!
>>
>> Toufic Arabi
>> Consultant, Red Hat
>> 8260 Greensboro Dr
>> McLean, VA
>>
>> On Sep 25, 2013, at 5:42 PM, "Alex O'Ree" <spyhunter99@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> The portlet console in 315 may not function

once you are done reproducing 3.1.3? If you are... :)

open a BZ for it as well as upvote the issue in the hibernate project.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-587 after I sent the e-mail. Small world!

However Hibernate 4.14 does not have that problem. So I swapped 4.16 in jboss for 4.14 using
a lot of classloading

me know if you can access it :)

to use hibernate 4.14 and get around 4.16 using classloading, jar swapping and a inserting
a few properties in persistence.xml (its in the war)

there was a previous effort to get 3.1.3 to work on EAP 6.0.0 and we took the initial effort
and built off it to get juddi 3.1.3 working on EAP 6.0.1. With the changes that we made there
should be no problem getting 3.1.5 to work on EAP 6.0.1. I will create a dropbox folder (and
link you to it) to hold the built WAR. I will also place a quick README of the changes that
we have done which were mainly removing jars from the juddi was and changes to persistence.xml.
I will also add a quick note to remind you to check out the jboss-deployment-strcuture.xml
that we created as well as the CLI command to create the datasource in EAP. We are using domain
mode so you might have to either use domain mode right of the box or switch to standalone
mode and tweak the CLI command.
trouble of scripting the swapping of jars in and out of the WAR's lib folder. Hibernate versioning
was the main issue and that is because of this:
web interface that you all are building. There are a few reasons to this choice:
deployment process, and classloading resolution as easy and silent as possible with minimal
additional development, thus reducing maintainability overhead
certification and creditation to be allowed into production

EAP 6. Maybe JUDDI will be certified not just for SOA-P but also for EAP at some point? I
think there is a great need for a registry to work with EAP 6 at this point in time.

hibernate version change and EAP 6 classloading

we have done above and access it via

and deploy the JUDDI portal. The https://hostname:8443/pluto/portal/jUDDI URL returns a 404
which is because the portal/pluto was not included in the juddi.war artifact we built and
deployed.