juddi-dev mailing list archives

From Toufic Arabi <tar...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: JUDDI Portal and EAP 6
Date Wed, 25 Sep 2013 21:45:35 GMT
If this is to be deployed in EAP 6.0.1 the portal is not working for juddi 3.1.3. I am interested
in knowing what functionality will juddi 3.2 allow in its new console if you could shed some
light. I have not looked for a release notes document yet.

Thanks!

Toufic Arabi
Consultant, Red Hat
8260 Greensboro Dr
McLean, VA

On Sep 25, 2013, at 5:42 PM, "Alex O'Ree" <spyhunter99@gmail.com> wrote:

> The portlet console in 315 may not function
>
> On Sep 25, 2013 5:20 PM, "Toufic Arabi" <tarabi@redhat.com> wrote:
>> EAP 6.0.1 is shipping with hibernate 4.1.6.
>>
>> Ill look into opening an issue as soon as possible
>>
>> Meanwhile do you think you can try the steps I provided with juddi 3.1.5 once you
are done reproducing 3.1.3? If you are... :)

>> Toufic Arabi
>> Consultant, Red Hat
>> 8260 Greensboro Dr
>> McLean, VA
>>
>> On Sep 25, 2013, at 5:07 PM, Kurt T Stam <kurt.stam@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > The linked worked. Thanks :)
>> >
>> > So this version of Hibernate is now shipped with EAP? Maybe you should open
a BZ for it as well as upvote the issue in the hibernate project.

after I sent the e-mail. Small world!

Hibernate 4.14 does not have that problem. So I swapped 4.16 in jboss for 4.14 using a lot
of classloading

hibernate 4.14 and get around 4.16 using classloading, jar swapping and a inserting a few
properties in persistence.xml (its in the war)

a previous effort to get 3.1.3 to work on EAP 6.0.0 and we took the initial effort and built
off it to get juddi 3.1.3 working on EAP 6.0.1. With the changes that we made there should
be no problem getting 3.1.5 to work on EAP 6.0.1. I will create a dropbox folder (and link
you to it) to hold the built WAR. I will also place a quick README of the changes that we
have done which were mainly removing jars from the juddi was and changes to persistence.xml.
I will also add a quick note to remind you to check out the jboss-deployment-strcuture.xml
that we created as well as the CLI command to create the datasource in EAP. We are using domain
mode so you might have to either use domain mode right of the box or switch to standalone
mode and tweak the CLI command.
of scripting the swapping of jars in and out of the WAR's lib folder. Hibernate versioning
was the main issue and that is because of this:
that you all are building. There are a few reasons to this choice:
process, and classloading resolution as easy and silent as possible with minimal additional
development, thus reducing maintainability overhead
and creditation to be allowed into production

Maybe JUDDI will be certified not just for SOA-P but also for EAP at some point? I think there
is a great need for a registry to work with EAP 6 at this point in time.

version change and EAP 6 classloading

the JUDDI portal. The https://hostname:8443/pluto/portal/jUDDI URL returns a 404 which is
because the portal/pluto was not included in the juddi.war artifact we built and deployed.