juddi-dev mailing list archives

From Kurt Stam <kurt.s...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] convert juddi back to mvn site
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2018 15:00:02 GMT
+1 for mvn site.

—Kurt

> On Feb 9, 2018, at 9:14 AM, Alex O'Ree <alexoree@apache.org> wrote:
>
> A while ago, we switched from a maven based site to the Apache CMS based site. There
are some pros and cons of this setup.

> Pros (for using CMS over mvn site)
> - Site can be updated at any point in time, independent of maven builds
> - Builds are usually very quick and do not require
>
> Cons
> - Source control is not in the main repository. As a committer, i need to have 5 repos
checked out pretty much all the time.

> So I'm proposing that we which back to a maven based site. I've already done the work
and the source is up to date with what is currently on juddi.apache.org <http://juddi.apache.org/>.
There will be some minor formatting differences but for the most part the change is minimal.
Assuming the vote passes, I'll open a infra ticket to start the switch