juddi-dev mailing list archives

From Kurt Stam <ks...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Updating the demo site
Date Sun, 22 Sep 2019 12:26:57 GMT
Don’t Bernie me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGTaE1cLyJA

> On Sep 21, 2019, at 11:41 PM, Steve Viens <sviens@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Not Guilty! ... but good grief - I am totally guilty of negligence.  I completely forgot
about this.  My apologies.

> Steve
>

> On Sat, Sep 21, 2019 at 4:23 PM Kurt Stam <kurt.stam@gmail.com <mailto:kurt.stam@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Steve did it!
>
>> On Sep 21, 2019, at 22:20, Alex O'Ree <spyhunter99@gmail.com <mailto:spyhunter99@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> did anyone delete the root business? hmmm....
>>
>> On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 11:55 AM Steve Viens <sviens@gmail.com <mailto:sviens@gmail.com>>
wrote:
>> Awesome Alex.  I’ve been buried for past two weeks and just catching up with personal
email and saw yours.  I’ll take a look as soon as I can.

>> Steve
>>
>> On Sat, Jul 27, 2019 at 8:47 PM Alex O'Ree <alexoree@apache.org <mailto:alexoree@apache.org>>
wrote:
>> good news, i got the demo set up and running....
>>
>> https://demo.juddi.apache.org/ <https://demo.juddi.apache.org/>
>> some important paths
>> /var/log/tomcat9
>> /var/lib/tomcat9/webapps
>> /etc/tomcat9
>>
>> the original tomcat root app was moved to /opt in case we need it in the future.....
>> ssl cert is via lets encrypt, good until oct 25th
>>
>> the hard part was getting derby to fire up. it ended up at /etc/tomcat9/Catalina/...
>> all other locations had file permissions issues (or maybe a security manager?)
>>
>> finally the site also runs on port 80 if needed, but tls should be used when possible.
>>
>> On Sat, Jul 27, 2019 at 5:23 PM Alex O'Ree <alexoree@apache.org <mailto:alexoree@apache.org>>
wrote:
>> Steve, Kurt
>>
>> Please confirm that you can sign into (via ssh) demo.juddi.apache.org <http://demo.juddi.apache.org/>
>> use your asf credentials. You'll also want to test sudoing. ASF infra uses something
all opie for open time passwords for sudo.
>> Details here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-18617?focusedCommentId=16893249&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-16893249
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-18617?focusedCommentId=16893249&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-16893249>

>> Anyhow, try to sign in and run
>> ortpasswd
>> use the linked website to create the one time password and paste it in
>> then run
>> sudo apt update
>> it should prompt for a open time password, again, repeat the process
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 18, 2019 at 5:33 PM Steve Viens <sviens@gmail.com <mailto:sviens@gmail.com>>
wrote:
>> I’ll volunteer!  Sign me up.
>>
>> Steve
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 18, 2019 at 5:26 PM Alex O'Ree <spyhunter99@gmail.com <mailto:spyhunter99@gmail.com>>
wrote:
>> Thanks Kurt!
>>
>> Just need one more person to act as a backup
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 18, 2019 at 10:30 AM Kurt Stam <kurt.stam@gmail.com <mailto:kurt.stam@gmail.com>>
wrote:
>> Hi Alex,
>>
>> I can help.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> —Kurt
>>
>> > On Jun 15, 2019, at 4:57 PM, Alex O'Ree <alexoree@apache.org <mailto:alexoree@apache.org>>
wrote:

>> > Dear jUDDI enthusiasts,
>> >
>> > We used to have a "gear" in the redhat cloud that hosted a demo instance of
juddi. I'm not too sure what happened but i think it either expired or redhat turned them
all off or whatever and migrated to something else. Regardless, that instance has been dead
for a while.

>> > Moving forward, i've asked the ASF infra team if they have a solution. The answer
is yes, they can fire up a VM for this purpose. The only catch is that they want to have at
least 3 people be designated as maintainers of the VM.

>> > I'll certainly volunteer but i'll need 2 others to volunteer in order to move
forward. I would expect that time requirement by those volunteers would be super minimal,
every now and again type of thing. It'll be an ubuntu vm.