juddi-dev mailing list archives

From Kurt Stam <kurt.s...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Updating the demo site
Date Sat, 21 Sep 2019 20:23:04 GMT
Steve did it!

> On Sep 21, 2019, at 22:20, Alex O'Ree <spyhunter99@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> did anyone delete the root business? hmmm....
>
>> On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 11:55 AM Steve Viens <sviens@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Awesome Alex.  I’ve been buried for past two weeks and just catching up with personal
email and saw yours.  I’ll take a look as soon as I can.

>> Steve
>>
>>> On Sat, Jul 27, 2019 at 8:47 PM Alex O'Ree <alexoree@apache.org> wrote:
>>> good news, i got the demo set up and running....
>>>
>>> https://demo.juddi.apache.org/
>>> some important paths
>>> /var/log/tomcat9
>>> /var/lib/tomcat9/webapps
>>> /etc/tomcat9
>>>
>>> the original tomcat root app was moved to /opt in case we need it in the future.....
>>> ssl cert is via lets encrypt, good until oct 25th
>>>
>>> the hard part was getting derby to fire up. it ended up at /etc/tomcat9/Catalina/...
>>> all other locations had file permissions issues (or maybe a security manager?)
>>>
>>> finally the site also runs on port 80 if needed, but tls should be used when
possible.

something all opie for open time passwords for sudo.

a demo instance of juddi. I'm not too sure what happened but i think it either expired or
redhat turned them all off or whatever and migrated to something else. Regardless, that instance
has been dead for a while.

a solution. The answer is yes, they can fire up a VM for this purpose. The only catch is that
they want to have at least 3 people be designated as maintainers of the VM.

in order to move forward. I would expect that time requirement by those volunteers would be
super minimal, every now and again type of thing. It'll be an ubuntu vm.