juddi-dev mailing list archives

From Kurt Stam <kurt.s...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Updating the demo site
Date Tue, 24 Sep 2019 16:53:42 GMT
File creation in /tmp/juddi-db works like a charm, not so much in /var/lib/tomcat9/juddi-db

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-19146 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-19146>

> On Sep 24, 2019, at 6:20 PM, Alex O'Ree <alexoree@apache.org> wrote:
>
> I don't care either way, but persistent storage would be nice.
>
> On Tue, Sep 24, 2019, 5:31 AM Kurt Stam <kurt.stam@gmail.com <mailto:kurt.stam@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Thanks I see it now!
>
> So before, the cloud instance was used PostgreSQL. Do we really want to use Derby? I
will look into the permission issue as soon as I have a second to follow the instructions
to get sudo.

> —Kurt
>
>> On Sep 23, 2019, at 11:53 PM, Alex O'Ree <alexoree@apache.org <mailto:alexoree@apache.org>>
wrote:

>> Juddi is already installed and running on the vm from the head of the git repo with
tomcat 9 I believe. The problem is derby won't fire up using the file system for storage.
Only the in memory db would work. I think I the problem is file system permissions but I am
not sure how to fix it.

>> On Mon, Sep 23, 2019, 11:08 AM Kurt Stam <kstam@redhat.com <mailto:kstam@redhat.com>>
wrote:
>> OK I’m in after https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-19130 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-19130>
>>

>> So Alex should we use a PostgreSQL DB? WDYT?
>>
>> Also the easiest is to get started using the preconfigured juddi-tomcat from juddi-distro-3.3.6.zip
<http://apache.cs.uu.nl/juddi/juddi/3.3.6/juddi-distro-3.3.6.zip>, which actually has
some issues on JDK8

<http://java.io/>=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens=java.rmi/sun.rmi.transport=ALL-UNNAMED
>> OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM warning: Ignoring option MaxPermSize; support was removed
in 8.0
>> OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM warning: Ignoring option PermSize; support was removed in
8.0
>> -Djava.endorsed.dirs=/home/kstam/juddi-distro-3.3.6/juddi-tomcat-3.3.6/endorsed is
not supported. Endorsed standards and standalone APIs
>> in modular form will be supported via the concept of upgradeable modules.
>> Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
>> Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.
>>
>> So we either use a older JDK, or we need to release jUDDI with a newer tomcat version.
>>
>> How do you guys want to proceed?
>>
>> —Kurt
>>
>>> On Sep 22, 2019, at 2:26 PM, Kurt Stam <kstam@redhat.com <mailto:kstam@redhat.com>>
wrote:

>>> Don’t Bernie me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGTaE1cLyJA <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGTaE1cLyJA>

forgot about this.  My apologies.

up with personal email and saw yours.  I’ll take a look as soon as I can.

<http://demo.juddi.apache.org/>
uses something all opie for open time passwords for sudo.
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-18617?focusedCommentId=16893249&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-16893249>

instance of juddi. I'm not too sure what happened but i think it either expired or redhat
turned them all off or whatever and migrated to something else. Regardless, that instance
has been dead for a while.

The answer is yes, they can fire up a VM for this purpose. The only catch is that they want
to have at least 3 people be designated as maintainers of the VM.

order to move forward. I would expect that time requirement by those volunteers would be super
minimal, every now and again type of thing. It'll be an ubuntu vm.