juddi-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex O'Ree" <spyhunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Updating the demo site
Date Sat, 05 Oct 2019 01:00:28 GMT
so tomcat is off, i just started it. i am guessing that you just forgot to
restart it. i did the configuration bits to make tomcat run on 443 and
setup an ssl cert for it

tomcat was installed via the ubuntu package manager. its possible there is
some kind of strange linux permission thing, such as chattr. i am not super
familiar with ubuntu.

i'll put postgres on it and give that a shot.

On Thu, Oct 3, 2019 at 2:16 PM Kurt T Stam <kstam@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Alex,
>
> I have no clue about the file permission issue. Maybe Doug will come up
> with something. Please see
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-19146?focusedCommentId=16943799&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-16943799
>
> I have it running successfully from my home dir on that machine. How do we
> proceed from here?
>
> --Kurt
>
> On Tue, Sep 24, 2019 at 12:53 PM Kurt Stam <kurt.stam@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> File creation in /tmp/juddi-db works like a charm, not so much in
>> /var/lib/tomcat9/juddi-db

>> On Sep 24, 2019, at 6:20 PM, Alex O'Ree <alexoree@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> I don't care either way, but persistent storage would be nice.
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 24, 2019, 5:31 AM Kurt Stam <kurt.stam@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks I see it now!
>>>
>>> So before, the cloud instance was used PostgreSQL. Do we really want to
>>> use Derby? I will look into the permission issue as soon as I have a second
>>> to follow the instructions to get sudo.
>>>
>>> —Kurt
>>>
>>> On Sep 23, 2019, at 11:53 PM, Alex O'Ree <alexoree@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Juddi is already installed and running on the vm from the head of the
>>> git repo with tomcat 9 I believe. The problem is derby won't fire up using
>>> the file system for storage. Only the in memory db would work. I think I
>>> the problem is file system permissions but I am not sure how to fix it.

ASF

<alexoree@apache.org>

that hosted a
happened but i think it