kafka-users mailing list archives

From Christian Carollo <ccaro...@gmail.com>
Subject Python Client for Kafka
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2011 19:52:21 GMT
Hello,

I have been working on a complete python client for kafka.  There was some
code that was already on github but wasn't working and it appeared to be a
bit outdated.  Now it was not currently apart of the group of clients that
comes with Kafka so I thought I would try to pick it up and run with it.

I have been using the ruby client as a guide as I attempt to fix the code
and complete it for 0.6.  That being said I cannot get the python code to
unpack the messages properly as they are streamed.  I was wondering if
anyone could take a look at where the code is at and see where it has gone
wrong.  I think it would be helpful to have someone who has a complete
understanding of the binary format take a look at it.

Thanks in advance.
Christian