kafka-users mailing list archives

From "Roman Garcia" <rgar...@dridco.com>
Subject HA / failover
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2011 14:18:13 GMT
Hi, I'm trying to figure out how my prod environment should look like, and still I don't seem
to understand how to achieve HA / FO conditions.

I realize this is going to be fully supported once there is replication, right?

But what about right now? How do you guys achieve this?

I understand at least LinkedIn has a Kafka cluster deployed.

- How do you guys ensure no messages get lost before flush to disk happens?

- How did you manage to always have a broker available and redirect producers to those during
failure?
I've tried using Producer class with "sync" type and zookeeper, and killing one of two brokers,
but I've got an exception. Should I handle and retry then?

So, to sum up, any pointer on how should I setup a prod env will be appreciated! Any doc I
might have missed or a simple short example would help.
Thanks!
Roman