kafka-users mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Kafka 0.7.0-incubating (candidate 3)
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2011 04:26:00 GMT
The binary tgz should not be offered to assist in the review unless you're going to publish
it as well, i.e. provide it as a download.  Signing it will only make people think you're
going to publish it.  Not a showstopper.  Something to consider next time.

IIRC, the actual artifacts that get published to maven should also be available to review.
 http://www.apache.org/dev/publishing-maven-artifacts.html

Is kafka-0.7.0-incubating-candidate-3 the intended final tag?  If not maybe it should just
be kafka-0.7.0-incubating.  Once this goes out you can never change it.

Regards,
Alan