kafka-users mailing list archives

From Jun Rao <jun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: zookeeper cluster in WAN settings
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2011 15:55:44 GMT
Sharad,

At LinkedIn, the mirroring cluster accesses ZK in another DC remotely. So
far, we haven't seen any problem with this setup. We haven't used ZK
observers yet, but it could be a good idea. One thing is that the mirroring
cluster also writes to the remote ZK to checkpoint the consumer offset. Not
sure if observers help here.

Jun