kafka-users mailing list archives

From Neha Narkhede <neha.narkh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Kafka 0.7.0-incubating (candidate 3)
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2011 18:21:16 GMT
Alan,

Thanks for looking into this.

> The binary tgz should not be offered to assist in the review unless you're going to publish
it as well, i.e. provide it as a download.  Signing it will only make people think you're
going to publish it.  Not a showstopper.  Something to consider next time.

Yes. We intend to publish the tgz too. That helps users run the
quickstart and unit tests on a release quickly. I checked some other
incubator projects and top-level Apache projects. They seemed to do
the same.

> IIRC, the actual artifacts that get published to maven should also be available to review.
 http://www.apache.org/dev/publishing-maven-artifacts.html

We actually haven't yet resolved
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-133. From what you had
mentioned, our understanding was that you have to wait for at least
one release to be able to publish to a Maven repo. Do you think this
blocks us ?

> Is kafka-0.7.0-incubating-candidate-3 the intended final tag?  If not maybe it should
just be kafka-0.7.0-incubating.  Once this goes out you can never change it.

I'm thinking that since RC3 and the release tag is the same, we can
add the kafka-0.7.0-incubating tag and delete the
kafka-0.7.0-incubating-candidate-3 tag.

Let us know if this sounds good.

Thanks,
Neha