kafka-users mailing list archives

From Jay Kreps <jay.kr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: zookeeper cluster in WAN settings
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2011 16:46:59 GMT
In my understanding what is not recommended is having the zookeeper cluster
itself split across datacenters. The reason for this is that writes round
trip through all servers so that would add significantly to the write
latency. I haven't seen an equivalent recommendation on not accessing zk as
a client from another dc. As Jun says, it has worked well for us so far...

-Jay