kafka-users mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Kafka 0.7.0-incubating (candidate 3)
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2011 19:44:57 GMT

On Oct 14, 2011, at 11:51 AM, Neha Narkhede wrote:

>>> To recap, all the artifacts that are going to be published as part of the release
have to be provided for review.  Artifacts cannot be published after the fact even though
they may be built from a tag.

> So since KAFKA-133 is not yet resolved and will take quite some sbt
> specific work, we can pass on that for this release. We can start
> publishing to Maven after the next release.

That's fine.  What do others in the community think about this?  Were they counting on a release
of Maven artifacts as well?  If that's what is everyone's understanding then the release should
be good on this front.

Were you going to rebuild the tgz so that it did not have the candidate-3 bit in its path?
 What about the rename of the tag?  If you change any of these you need to restart the vote
since this email is the record of what's been voted on.

Thanks for being so patent.  Getting the first release out for an incubating project always
has its fits and starts.

Regards,
Alan