kafka-users mailing list archives

From Jun Rao <jun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Replication Follow-up
Date Thu, 29 Dec 2011 17:05:10 GMT
Hi, Joe,

Thanks for your interest. We haven't started coding replication yet. There
is a bit more discussion on dependency in kafka-50 and some details in
kafka-47. Also, as part of the replication work, we have been discussing
wire format changes (
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/New+Wire+Format+Proposal).

To get things started, my thinking is to do kafka-47 first, followed by
another jira that makes use of the new data structures in ZK, but only
supports replication factor 1 (basically making partitions logical and
global within the cluster).

We plan to start coding the replication feature in the new year. We can
setup a skype call in the first week of 2012. Anyone else is interested?

Thanks,

Jun