kafka-users mailing list archives

From Jun Rao <jun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: random questions
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2011 23:09:10 GMT
1. In general, each subscriber gets only 1 copy of the data. Occasionally,
a subscribe can get a small # of duplicated messages and the application
has to deal with it. We are trying to reduce # of dups in KAFKA-228.

2. Kafka has low requirements on CPU and memory. The I/O requirement
depends on your application.

3. Kafka is still a young project. At this moment, you will need some
monitoring of Kafka.

Jun