kafka-users mailing list archives

From Florian Leibert <...@leibert.de>
Subject Multiple brokers on the same host
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2011 16:45:31 GMT
Hi -
trying to run multiple brokers on one host for testing I ran into issues of
port 9999 already being used. I created a new properties file for each
broker and changed the regular broker port to listen on a different port
(btw - if using ZK for service registration / discover, is there any reason
as to why one would have to use a fixed port?) - however for some reason
RMI is requiring port 9999 - what's that used for? Is there a properties
flag that changes this?

Thanks
Flo