kafka-users mailing list archives

From Florian Leibert <...@leibert.de>
Subject Re: Errors in load tests
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2011 21:12:03 GMT
My observations so far:

If I start with 1 broker, 1 consumer (code is pretty much the same as in
the simple-consumer-demo) and 1 producer I can do arbitrary many runs and
everything works fine. Adding a broker after the producer stopped and
restarting the producer (consumer still running) throws on the consumer
side the InvalidMessageSize exception - which continues to happen on
subsequent produce/consume cycles as long as the second broker is running.

I looked around Zookeeper - there are 8 partitions when one broker is
active and 16 with two... i see all the topics are registered in zookeeper
and overall zookeeper logs are clean.

After this fact I tried to see if two brokers and one partition each would
work so I shutdown the brokers, changed the global partition size to 1 in
each of the configs and restarted them. The result is the same, I still get
InvalidMessageSize exceptions on the consumer size.

--
Best regards,

Florian
http://twitter.com/flo <http://twitter.com/floleibert>