kafka-users mailing list archives

From Jay Kreps <jay.kr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Producer Performance Test Mesage Count Mismatch
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2011 21:24:41 GMT
The test tries to send the same number of messages from each thread, this
ensures that the throughput numbers are reasonable (if one thread had more
then it would be the only one sending when the other threads had finished).
This means that the number of messages sent is always
  floor(messages/threads) * threads

-Jay