kafka-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Psaltis <Andrew.Psal...@Webtrends.com>
Subject RE: Replication Follow-up
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2012 16:24:06 GMT
Jun,
I would be interested in participating in the replication skype call and helping out where
possible.

Thanks,
Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: Jun Rao [mailto:junrao@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 29, 2011 10:05 AM
To: kafka-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Replication Follow-up

Hi, Joe,

Thanks for your interest. We haven't started coding replication yet. There
is a bit more discussion on dependency in kafka-50 and some details in
kafka-47. Also, as part of the replication work, we have been discussing
wire format changes (
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/New+Wire+Format+Proposal).

To get things started, my thinking is to do kafka-47 first, followed by
another jira that makes use of the new data structures in ZK, but only
supports replication factor 1 (basically making partitions logical and
global within the cluster).

We plan to start coding the replication feature in the new year. We can
setup a skype call in the first week of 2012. Anyone else is interested?

Thanks,

Jun