kafka-users mailing list archives

From Christian Carollo <ccaro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Kafka/ZK Cluster Example
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2012 07:28:23 GMT
Thank you Jun that is quite helpful.  I have a question about Kafka Clusters.  What are the
minimum number and types of services that must be running to make up a Kafka Cluster?

I ask this because the diagrams (in the Kafka Mirroring document) allude to a multiple broker
environment, however, since each broker does not appear to provide redundancy (as of today)
to any of the other brokers in a given zookeeper service, it seems like a Kafka Cluster is
nothing more than a grouping of a single zookeeper instance with a single Kafka broker, is
this the correct understanding?

Thanks,
Christian