kafka-users mailing list archives

From Tobias Schulze-Heinrichs <t.schu...@xplosion.de>
Subject Re: Kafka managed by zookeeper
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 10:04:52 GMT
Hmm, that shift the problem just to another resource. If the haproxy instance crashes I'll
need to reconfigure the producer and consumers. I guess that problem needs to be addressed
to the experts of cloud computing.

Beside that I read that the zookeeper guys just working on a way to dynamically add and/or
remove zookeeper servers to an existing ensemble.

Best regards
Tobias

Am 06.01.2012 um 09:18 schrieb Pierre-Yves Ritschard:

> or you could load-balance access to your ensemble using haproxy or elb
>
> On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 9:06 AM, Tobias Schulze-Heinrichs
> <t.schulze@xplosion.de> wrote:
>> Hi Neha,
>>
>> is this an issue which is not implemented in Kafka or does zookeeper doesn't offer
this information? To describe this problem a little bit more detailed - we want to set up
a service at the cloud (amazon ec2). Therefor it might occur that one instance crashes and
came up with a new IP. In that scenario I have to reconfigure and restart all Zookeeper and
all Kafka server, right?

>> Best regards
>> Tobias
>>

>> Am 05.01.2012 um 21:39 schrieb Neha Narkhede:
>>
>>> Tobias,
>>>
>>> Please configure Kafka with the list of all 3 zookeeper servers. The
>>> way the zookeeper client works is it just picks one zookeeper server
>>> from the list of all zookeeper servers in the connection url. If you
>>> miss specifying one server in your connection url, Kafka will never
>>> connect to the 3rd server, causing imbalance on the zookeeper cluster.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Neha

servers to my Kafka server or is there a possibility that it can get the address of 2 ZK out
of one which is given at my Kafka configuration?