kafka-users mailing list archives

From Tobias Schulze-Heinrichs <t.schu...@xplosion.de>
Subject Re: Kafka managed by zookeeper
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 08:06:59 GMT
Hi Neha,

is this an issue which is not implemented in Kafka or does zookeeper doesn't offer this information?
To describe this problem a little bit more detailed - we want to set up a service at the cloud
(amazon ec2). Therefor it might occur that one instance crashes and came up with a new IP.
In that scenario I have to reconfigure and restart all Zookeeper and all Kafka server, right?

Best regards
Tobias

Am 05.01.2012 um 21:39 schrieb Neha Narkhede:

> Tobias,
>
> Please configure Kafka with the list of all 3 zookeeper servers. The
> way the zookeeper client works is it just picks one zookeeper server
> from the list of all zookeeper servers in the connection url. If you
> miss specifying one server in your connection url, Kafka will never
> connect to the 3rd server, causing imbalance on the zookeeper cluster.
>
> Thanks,
> Neha
>
> On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 12:34 PM, Tobias Schulze-Heinrichs
> <t.schulze@xplosion.de> wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I have an ensemble of 3 ZK Server. Do I need to configure all 3 zookeeper servers
to my Kafka server or is there a possibility that it can get the address of 2 ZK out of one
which is given at my Kafka configuration?