kafka-users mailing list archives

From Dave Fayram <dfay...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Kafak-rb gem
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 18:26:01 GMT
I have make a ZkKafkaChannel, but it's fairly integrated without
specific stack and I don't have a ton of time to cleanly separate it.
If you'd like, I can *un*cleanly separate and gist the code, then you
can adapt it to your purposes.

My code is a little ugly, but does support the basics of the zk end of
the kafka protocol to the satisfaction of our implementation.

- dlf

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 9:55 AM, Mark <static.void.dev@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Tim.
>
> I'm always excited when I hear others are using the ruby client. Would you
> mind explaining how you use Kafka within your organization?
>
> Thanks
>

> On 1/4/12 9:47 AM, Tim Lossen wrote:
>>
>> mark, we have forked the kafka-rb on github and fixed some bugs:
>>
>> https://github.com/wooga/kafka-rb
>>
>> nothing on the zk front so far, but you are invited to collaborate.
>>
>> cheers
>> tim
>>

>> On 2012-01-04, at 18:33 , Mark wrote:
>>
>>> Can we get some love on the Kafka-rb gem? It seems to be out of date and
>>> is still lacking zk integration.
>>>
>>> Is anyone planning to work on this or should I have a look?
>>
>> --
>> http://tim.lossen.de

Dave Fayram
dfayram@gmail.com