kafka-users mailing list archives

From Jun Rao <jun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: hardware configuration and specs
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2012 16:56:34 GMT
The most important thing is to have enough I/Os for writes. If you
configure a broker to do 1 flush to disk every n messages and each flush
takes x ms. Then you can produce about n * 1000 / x messages per second.
This is for one topic/partition. If there are more topics/partitions, there
will be more parallel I/Os and the supported throughput will be larger.

Jun