kafka-users mailing list archives

From Pierre-Yves Ritschard <...@spootnik.org>
Subject Re: Kafka managed by zookeeper
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 08:18:14 GMT
or you could load-balance access to your ensemble using haproxy or elb

On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 9:06 AM, Tobias Schulze-Heinrichs
<t.schulze@xplosion.de> wrote:
> Hi Neha,
>
> is this an issue which is not implemented in Kafka or does zookeeper doesn't offer this
information? To describe this problem a little bit more detailed - we want to set up a service
at the cloud (amazon ec2). Therefor it might occur that one instance crashes and came up with
a new IP. In that scenario I have to reconfigure and restart all Zookeeper and all Kafka server,
right?

> Best regards
> Tobias
>

> Am 05.01.2012 um 21:39 schrieb Neha Narkhede:
>
>> Tobias,
>>
>> Please configure Kafka with the list of all 3 zookeeper servers. The
>> way the zookeeper client works is it just picks one zookeeper server
>> from the list of all zookeeper servers in the connection url. If you
>> miss specifying one server in your connection url, Kafka will never
>> connect to the 3rd server, causing imbalance on the zookeeper cluster.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Neha
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 12:34 PM, Tobias Schulze-Heinrichs
>> <t.schulze@xplosion.de> wrote:
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> I have an ensemble of 3 ZK Server. Do I need to configure all 3 zookeeper servers
to my Kafka server or is there a possibility that it can get the address of 2 ZK out of one
which is given at my Kafka configuration?