kafka-users mailing list archives

From Neha Narkhede <neha.narkh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Kafka managed by zookeeper
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2012 20:39:25 GMT
Tobias,

Please configure Kafka with the list of all 3 zookeeper servers. The
way the zookeeper client works is it just picks one zookeeper server
from the list of all zookeeper servers in the connection url. If you
miss specifying one server in your connection url, Kafka will never
connect to the 3rd server, causing imbalance on the zookeeper cluster.

Thanks,
Neha

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 12:34 PM, Tobias Schulze-Heinrichs
<t.schulze@xplosion.de> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have an ensemble of 3 ZK Server. Do I need to configure all 3 zookeeper servers to
my Kafka server or is there a possibility that it can get the address of 2 ZK out of one which
is given at my Kafka configuration?