kafka-users mailing list archives

From Neha Narkhede <neha.narkh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Consumer iterator error
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2012 20:42:26 GMT
Hi Patricio,

> I set up a 300 ms timeout. Once the timeout occurs, next time I ask for the
> iterator from the same strem, I get a:

By timeout, I'm guessing you mean setting consumer.timeout.ms=300. If
you do this, it just means that the consumer iterators will shut down
if they don't get another set of messages from Kafka within 300 ms.
Since the iterators shut down, it is illegal to call hasNext()/next()
on the iterators, without recreating them. The way to recreate the
iterators is via the createMessageStreams() API in
ZookeeperConsumerConnector.

Thanks,
Neha