kafka-users mailing list archives

From "Bateman, Matt" <mabate...@ebay.com>
Subject Only one broker has partitions
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2012 22:48:19 GMT
Hi All,

I feel like this was discussed at some point but couldn't find it in the docs or the mailing
list archives, hopefully this isn't redundant.

We are running 3 version 0.7 brokers using an ensemble of 3 ZooKeeper nodes. We use a ZooKeeper
connect string in the producers and consumers. ZooKeeper is enabled on each broker. We use
the default partitioner in the producer supplying it an integer. Each broker has a unique
Id.

However, only one broker has any log files. The log from that machine shows it registering
the topics in ZooKeeper. The other brokers don't have any log files.

Have a I missed a basic configuration setting or misunderstood something operational? The
only slight mismatch I see is we run ZooKeeper 3.3.4 but it seems like 3.3.3 is being used
by 0.7.

Thanks,

Matt