kafka-users mailing list archives

From Evan Chan ...@ooyala.com>
Subject Re: Is there any web console to monitor what's the status about broker?
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2012 17:47:12 GMT
Is there a trick to getting jconsole to work with Kafka?    It just hangs
and doesn't return any info.

BTW I was thinking of creating a web console for Kafka.  One that would
aggregate the info from both JMX and ZK and present it visually, so one can
easily see the partitions, consumers, and offsets or at least get a sense
of how big the queue is for each consumer.

I'd like the project to be supported by the community though.  Either JRuby
or Scala (with Play! or something like that).

Any thoughts?

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 9:29 AM, Jun Rao <junrao@gmail.com> wrote:

> SuoNayi,
>
> Currently, we have jmx that reports #messages (per topic) consumed by a
> consumer (and soon to have #messages produced as well). We don't have
> anything that measures #messages in the queue. This is partly due to that
> in Kafka, messages are not immediately deleted after consumption and are
> only deleted after certain amount of time has passed. We do have a tool
> ConsumerOffsetChecker that reports the lag of the consumer in bytes.
> Finally, we don't have anything that exposes #partitions. This is probably
> useful to have. Could you open a jira for that?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jun
>
> 2012/2/7 SuoNayi <suonayi2006@163.com>
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > It's natural that I want to see how many messages in my queue
> >
> > or how many consumers are active on my broker.
> >
> > I want to know about how many partitions as well.
> >
> > It seems that no related document is available in the official website or
> > I miss something?
> >

> > SuoNayi

*Evan Chan*
Senior Software Engineer |