kafka-users mailing list archives

From Jun Rao <jun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is there any web console to monitor what's the status about broker?
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2012 17:29:20 GMT
SuoNayi,

Currently, we have jmx that reports #messages (per topic) consumed by a
consumer (and soon to have #messages produced as well). We don't have
anything that measures #messages in the queue. This is partly due to that
in Kafka, messages are not immediately deleted after consumption and are
only deleted after certain amount of time has passed. We do have a tool
ConsumerOffsetChecker that reports the lag of the consumer in bytes.
Finally, we don't have anything that exposes #partitions. This is probably
useful to have. Could you open a jira for that?

Thanks,

Jun