kafka-users mailing list archives

From "Sybrandy, Casey" <Casey.Sybra...@Six3Systems.com>
Subject RE: Replay
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2012 14:57:15 GMT
Hello,

Just out of curiosity, how would you get the offsets when using a zk-based consumer?  I don't
see anything that seems to let you do this easily.

Casey

From: Joel Koshy [jjkoshy.w@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2012 5:51 PM
To: kafka-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Replay

With simple consumer, you can start from any valid offset that you keep
track off.

With the high level (zk-based) consumer: you will need to stop all
consumers, and then update the offsets in zookeeper (see the
ImportZkOffsets tool in the tools package) with the offsets you want to
replay from before restarting your consumer.

Thanks,

Joel