kafka-users mailing list archives

From Evan Chan ...@ooyala.com>
Subject Re: Kafka in AWS?
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2012 16:15:05 GMT
We deploy Kafka in AWS.  The only negative so far I've found is that native
JMX is difficult or impossible to use with AWS, because it opens up
secondary ports that you don't have control over.   However, I've heard
there are alternative JMX implementations that allow HTTP and other
alternative protocols which may be more AWS friendly.

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 9:10 AM, Elben Shira <elbenshira@gmail.com> wrote:

> There's some on the mailing list archives:
>

> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-kafka-users/201202.mbox/%3CCADWPM3jzgMZmc57HYb55PX=GeAt6d6wzbvowvrMEM4Dw3ttu2g@mail.gmail.com%3E
>

> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-kafka-users/201203.mbox/%3CCAFHvO5s2wHSiegUWGPsfV-eN45SK%3Djfh8ObsU1gHZczNdGg-gg%40mail.gmail.com%3E
>
> Elben
>

> On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 11:07 AM, Gautam Singaraju <
> gautam.singaraju@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > We are have been considering Kafka for a new Data Platform. Has someone
> > used Kafka in AWS? If so, could you please share your experiences with
> us?
> >
> > Thank you!
> > ---
> > Gautam