kafka-users mailing list archives

From Edward Buck <eb...@choicestream.com>
Subject KafkaLog4jAppender with AsyncProducer?
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2012 19:14:57 GMT
I see that the KafkaLog4jAppender uses a SyncProducer to send messages. I'm assuming the means
that if no broker is available,  the client program will throw an error (rather then enqueue/cache
the message locally until a broker is available). Would an AsyncProducer be a good fit for
use with a slightly modified KafkaLog4jAppender? If so, this would make the producer code
more resilient to network outages.

Thanks,
Ed

and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by
persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this
in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all computers.