kafka-users mailing list archives

From VERMEERBERGEN Alexandre <Alexandre.VERMEERBER...@3ds.com>
Subject RE: Use Kafka to collect JVM and JMX MBean's statistics.
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2012 15:41:52 GMT
Surprenant: un usage combiné de Flume (devenu comme Kafka un incubateur Apache) et de Kafka.
Cela me semble un peu redondant...

-----Original Message-----
From: Mathias Herberts [mailto:mathias.herberts@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, April 09, 2012 4:52 PM
To: kafka-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Use Kafka to collect JVM and JMX MBean's statistics.

At Crédit Mutuel Arkéa we collect metrics among which JMX ones using Flume
and a custom Kafka Sink.

Search for 'Artimon' on slideshare.
On Apr 9, 2012 9:30 AM, "liu brent" <liubaochun@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>  Currently, there are 20+ kinds of web service running on hundreds of
> machines in 4 data centers, which are written in java. We want to collect
> and store the statics of JVM, MBeans of JMX, cpu usage etc of the service
> and machines, and then send the waring to Nagios.  Does anyone has the
> experience in using Kafka to do so?
>  The direct solution seems like that we install a client on every machine,
> which works as JMX client, collect the information and work as kafka
> producer. Anyone has better ideas or suggestions.
>
> Thanks,
> Liu

This email and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
to whom it is addressed and may be confidential and/or privileged.

If you are not one of the named recipients or have received this email in error,

(ii) please notify sender of your receipt by reply email and delete this email and all attachments,

(iii) Dassault Systemes does not accept or assume any liability or responsibility for any
use of or reliance on this email.

For other languages, go to http://www.3ds.com/terms/email-disclaimer