kafka-users mailing list archives

From liu brent <liubaoc...@gmail.com>
Subject Use Kafka to collect JVM and JMX MBean's statistics.
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2012 07:30:08 GMT
Hi,
  Currently, there are 20+ kinds of web service running on hundreds of
machines in 4 data centers, which are written in java. We want to collect
and store the statics of JVM, MBeans of JMX, cpu usage etc of the service
and machines, and then send the waring to Nagios.  Does anyone has the
experience in using Kafka to do so?
  The direct solution seems like that we install a client on every machine,
which works as JMX client, collect the information and work as kafka
producer. Anyone has better ideas or suggestions.

Thanks,
Liu